It’s a big victory for Netflix, and after everything they’ve done lately, I’d say they really needed a victory. What am I talking about you may ask? I’m talking about The Wonder Years, now available for your streaming pleasure on netflix watch instantly. All 6 glorious, adolescent-heartache-filled seasons chalk full of Kevin Arnold, Winnie Cooper and Paul Pfeiffer are now available to view anytime!
The only thing that doesn’t seem to be the same as the old tv episodes is the opening credits song “A Little help from my Friends,” sung by Joe Cocker. They clearly weren’t able to obtain the rights to the original version so they’ve replaced it with a less appealing recording, but nevertheless, its still thrilling to me that I can watch every episode of my favorite show in perfect clarity on my computer anytime I want. It’s Wonderful!
And in celebration of the Wonder Years’ new availability, here are some pictures from a recent trip the boy and I made over to the location of Kevin Arnold’s house on the show. I was elated at the site of the actual location…I just didn’t want to make too much of a fuss and bother the current owners, so I tried to stay cool. Not sure I was all that successful! 😉
My favorite Wonder Years episodes (so we can watch together) are:
1. Season 2 Episode 5: Just Between Me and You and Kirk and Paul and Carla and Becky
2. Season 4 Episode 20: The Accident
3. Season 3 Episode 9: Math Class Squared
4. Season 3 Episode 11: Don’t You Know Anything About Women?
5. Season 5 Episode 18: Lunch Stories
6. Season 6 Episode 17: Eclipse
7. Season 4 Episode 6: Little Debbie
8. Season 4 Episode 9: A Very Cutlip Christmas