1. Find a box that is sturdy and large enough to hold most pictures and cards (this one is from Anthropologie this past Christmas.)
2. Print out pictures of the happy couple (nowadays people often put their professional quality engagement shots on Facebook, giving you the perfect selection of shots for free) just on regular copy paper.
3. Gather scrap paper, wedding themed stickers and embellishments. Anything you want to use to decorate the box–buttons, paper flowers, Japanese masking tape, etc. I also printed some vintage wedding postcards off the internet.
4. Arrange all your pictures and embellishments on the box in a collage and one you have everything where you want it, glue everything down.
5. Finally cover the whole box in Paper Mod Podge using a wide paint brush. This will help seal all the photos and paper down and give your collage a glossy and professional look. Sometimes the colors of the photos will bleed a bit with the mod podge, but just keep brushing till you get the colors smoothed out…I kind of like it when it blurs the colors a bit!
And that’s it! If I have the couple’s Save the Date or Invitation, I’ll usually attach it to the inside of the lid, and sometimes I’ll include a note to explain the purpose of the box (to keep mementos from the wedding.)